Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Joe was admitted to EUH Sunday. We were at Lake Burton with our family for the holiday weekend. Joe was not doing well and his symptoms were getting worse. So Christopher and I took him to the ER at Emory.

The ER did a CT scan and it showed increase swelling and an unidentifiable spot. He was then admitted and on Monday he had a MRI which indicted there is an abscess next to the tumor. A resident doctor showed the MRI to Christopher and me. She put it up next to the baseline MRI that was done in March. It appears the tumor has not shrunk and may have advanced. The cancer is clearly in the other hemisphere as well. However, I have not heard specifics from The Docs, Olsen, Crocker & Voloschin yet.

Joe went into surgery early this morning and they have just called me saying they were closing. So we are in the waiting room waiting to be called back to post op. I will update when I have more news. Please keep Joe in your prayers! Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Debbie & I send our prayers that todays surgery is successful and brings relief for PJ. Hang in there guys, know that you all are in our thoughts daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and praying for you all.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking and Praying for you both always....

    ReplyDelete