Sunday, May 9, 2010

Let me go back a few days ago and catch up.

Carrie Ann & Bobby spent the night with us last Tuesday and brought dinner. Carrie Ann can put together a mean pot roast with the trimmings! It was sooooo good! I introduced Carrie Ann to Papa Joe's famous margaritas. Just like all who have tried them, Carrie Ann could not stop at one either. :) It was a good evening.

Wednesday Bobby & Carrie Ann were Joe's caregivers. Treatment went well with no hiccups. Thank you both!

Friday Cheryl was Joe's caregiver. Treatment went fine. Dr Crocker found out that the MGMT analysis had not been sent off yet from the biopsy. Long story but he got it rolling for us and we should have the results in a couple weeks. The analysis will tell us if Joe's system will be more accepting of the treatment(s) or not so much. It deals with the chromosomes/genetics. You have to read about it to better understand it because it's too hard for me to explain. It overall is the research aspect to help answer the hows and whys of brain tumors.

After treatment, Cheryl helped Joe take Josie to the Vet to get her shots up to date. Thank you Cheryl for everything you have done! You are the greatest!

Ed came by Friday night to continue working on the stone pad coming off the back porch. It is turning out nice. Thanks Ed!!!

I cut the grass/sod around our house Friday evening and left the other acres to cut the next day. However when I went to cut the rest of the grass on Saturday, we found our mower/tractor had been stolen! We made a police report but probably won't see it again. I did though find a FEDEX delivery at my front door. I received a gift certificate from Lily & Ava, our granddaughters for Spa Sydell. Thank you girls! Granny Carol loves you!!!

Saturday my sons, Mark & Jordan came to the house and pressure washed our back porch & outdoor furniture for us. It is clean now and looks so much better. Thanks boys! I couldn't have done it without you. You 2 mean so much to me! Love you!

We then grilled out Saturday evening and Sarah & Cheryl joined us. The pork tenderloin could have melted in your mouth. It was so good! Later we sat around the fire pit with a fire listening to music and watching the stars in the sky. It was a beautiful clear and cool night! We had Joe bundled up with a stocking cap for his head and blankets to keep him warm and comfortable. We ended the evening with our theme song, I'm Alive................

Sunday morning, we fixed a family favorite breakfast casserole & biscuits. For Mother's Day Mark, Jordan & Sarah gave me a gift certificate to pamper myself at Flaunt, a local spa salon in Covington! Thank you so much! I love you!

Before the kids left Sunday, Joe had Sarah make a large sign and staked it at the edge of the road in front of the house that reads "I Have A Brain Tumor. Bring My Mower Back!"

Hope all you Mothers had as good of a Mother's Day as I had! I sure won't forget it! It was the best!

Love you Mark, Sarah, Jordan, Lindsey, Christopher, Shane, Heather, John, Lily & Ava!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend Pearl (except for the theft of your lawn tractor). Sitting by the firepit watching the stars and listening to music sounds like the perfect end to the day. So glad you are surrounded by family on this Mother's Day, too. We miss you and hope to see you and Joe soon.

    Love to all....

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pearl and Joe..Thanks for the pic last night still think you need to get a few biker dudes down there to make it not so perfect...Glad you had a wonderful time with your family....
    Love you all and see you soon...
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete