Monday, May 3, 2010

Joe did end up sleeping the majority of the day on Saturday. Cheryl brought dinner and spent some time with us. She also did a little grocery shopping for me. Thank you Cheryl!

On Sunday morning he got up with a little nausea but not as bad as Saturday. We worked through that and later in the morning was able to have a good breakfast, coffee & a long conversation..............

We were suppose to go see my parents Sunday but instead they came to see us. Dad brought me Publix's carrot cake because he knows how much I love it and his homemade broccoli soup. Yummy Dad! I love you both so much!

We ended the weekend Sunday night with sitting out on our covered back porch, a good rain breeze in the air, candles burning & some of our favorite music playing. I had Joe all bundled up in a blanket cause he tends to get cold now days. He really was in his own little safe haven chilling out to the music and singing along! We played the song over and over Kenny Chesney's I'm Alive (with Dave Matthews). We have made it our theme song for this journey we are on.................

So damn easy to say that life's so hard

Everybody's got their share of battle scars

As for me, I'd like to thank my lucky stars that I'm alive and well...

It'd be easy to add up all the pain

And all the dreams you sat and watched go up in flames

Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain

But not me...I'm alive


And today you know that's good enough for me

Breathin' in and out's a blessing can't you see

Today's the first day of the rest of my life and I'm alive

And well...I'm alive and well


The stars are dancin' on the water here tonight

It's gonna fall a soul when there's not a soul in sight

This boat has caught its wind and brought me back to life now

I'm alive and well...


And today you know that's good enough for me

Breathin' in and out's a blessing can't you see

Today's the first day of the rest of my life and I'm alive

And well...I'm alive and well

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to wrap up a weekend, sitting together on the patio all snuggled up and warm and listening to great tunes like that one. That's what it's about sometimes. Just chillin together with nothing to do 'cept enjoy each other and the beauty of the world around us. See you guys tomorrow! Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohh . . . you know I love that song. Even silence says so much. I'm glad it ended up on a brighter note for the both of you. Treatments are almost over ; )

    See you tomorrow with dinner in tow.
    Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete