Saturday, March 27, 2010

So treatment begins next Thursday, 4/1 and I will take Joe. On Friday, 4/2 Cheryl will take Joe and on Monday, 4/5 Sarah will. The rest is wide open. In a prior posting I outlined the daily schedule and the times were based on the appt time given for next Thursday. Radiation oncology has given us the impression the time will be the same but can not commit until next Thursday for sure. Regardless of the appt time, the schedule of events begin 2 hrs prior & 2hrs after radiation. I will count on the "caregiver for the day" to be sure Joe takes the nausea medication 1 1/2 hrs prior to radiation appt, the chemo drug 1 hr prior to radiation appt, have him at his radiation appt and return him home all on time. On Thursdays after radiation he has to have his blood work drawn so it will be a little later returning home. Depending on how he feels, he will get lunch at home or the caregiver will have to help him with lunch (pick up or home). This is all new to all of us so communication is extremely important. Do not hesitate to ask me any questions you may have. I will be learning as we move forward as much as the next person. The caregiver will need to be present with Joe as much as the medical staff will allow. The tumor & the treatment side effects are & will be effecting his thinking, memory & language. So please make note of anything the medical staff shares with Joe &/or you to share with me. I will have all instructions printed at home for the caregiver's use.

Thank you to all of you who can/will volunteer to be Joe's "caregiver for the day".
We could not get through this without your help.

Carol

3 comments:

  1. Hi Everyone,

    I have a very flexible schedule and can pinch hit on any needed day so anyone please feel free to reach out to me if you something comes up and you need to re arrage last minute. As for the regular schedule I would like to have Tuesday's each week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol - will this be the place to list the schedule and calender info?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I am scheduled for Wednesday the 7th and 14th of April. I will be happy to fulfill every Wednesday but want to let everyone else have a chance at helping. Just let me know when and where I am needed. I love you all.
    Carrie Ann

    ReplyDelete